Make a cute little cap for babies – free pattern
Cute and easy baby cap for the little ones. Cute maternity gift or a fun creative project if you have some fabric scraps in stretch jersey.
Sizes: 00 (0) 3 (6) 12 (18) Month
Min. 30 x 55 cm stretch jersey
Iron-on-patch for decoration
Cutting the fabric:
Cut 2 x cap pattern pieces with 1 cm seam allowance
Sewing the cap:
- Sew using an elastic stitch.
- Pin the pattern pieces together, right sides together.
- Stitch along the edge, leaving an opening to turn the cap through.
- Turn the cap to the right side.
- Close the opening with tiny stitches by hand or use the sewing machine.
- Fold the lining upwards along the fold line into the cap and press.
- Stay stitch invisible on top of the side seams, to keep the lining in place inside the cap.
- Decorate with the iron-on-patch if you wish and tie a nice knot on the caps tip .
Download pattern / Remember to print in full-size, be ware to choose ‘Page Scaling: NONE’ to secure the sizes on the pattern pieces is correct. Use the test square on the pattern to check before you cut out the pattern pieces.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!